If you are having problems connecting to Keep&Share you need to methodically step through testing whether the problem is specific to your browser, computer or network.
Then, follow these steps for additional troubleshooting:
- Try another browser on the same computer (e.g., if you are using Internet Explorer try accessing Keep&Share with Firefox). If you do not have another browser, install one now. If the other browser works, then you know the problem is specific to the first browser, and you should reset the browser that doesn't work.
- Try a different computer on the same network (e.g.,. also at your office or where ever the problem is occurring). If the other computer on the network works, then you know the problem is specific to your first computer get your IT department or a friendly expert to help you on this issue.
- Try a different computer on a different network (e.g., from home instead of from work). If the you can access from a computer on a different network, then you know the problem is specific to the first network (this is often the case when a school, library or workplace network has internet “filters” called firewalls that can block access to websites in many ways). Ask your IT department responsible for the network to fix the network so you can access KeepandShare.com. The most common problem is that the network may have Internet Firewalls that are blocking one of our domains or IP addresses. Refer your IT specialist to the below list of domains and IP address.
Here are a couple specific tests that are very helpful in your office or school network:
- Try using an iPad or smart phone to log in via your office wifi. Since you are using the office wifi, it will still be going out through your network firewall. If everything is fine, then this indicates that your firewall is not the issue and the issue is most likely caused by software on the office computers (e.g., anti-virus software).
- If #1 does not work, then that indicates the office firewall is most likely the problem. Confirm this by using the iPad or smart phone's carrier network (e.g., the phone's Verizon or AT&T mobile internet access mode). If your iPad or smart phone can access Keep&Share fine using the carrier network, but cannot access when on wifi through the office network's firewall, that is double confirmation the likely problem is the office network's firewall.
Keep&Share Domains and IP Addresses
IT staff that are configuring their firewall to allow Keep&Share to operate may find this list useful. Depending on their particular situation, they may need to 'whitelist' either the domain name or IP address or both:
www.keepandshare.com, keepandshare.com, *.keepandshare.com: