If you have signed up for a new account with Keep&Share (or if you have invited someone to create an account using "Invite-a-Friend") and you/they have not received an email from Keep&Share with the account verification link, there are a couple of different reasons as to why you/they didn’t receive the email. Anyone having trouble receiving emails from Keep&Share should follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Look in the same email account that you gave to Keep&Share.
- Check that the email address is correctly spelled.
- Is the email from KeepandShare.com in your spam folder?
- Set your spam filters to allow emails from KeepandShare.com. Besides the spam filter on your personal email system, there may be spam filters at your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or your IT department. Contact your ISP or IT department and ask that they “white list” “keepandshare.com.”
- Check whether you have a “security” program on your computer such as Norton or McAfee and make sure they are not trapping some Keep&Share emails.
- Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” and “email@example.com” to your email address book to help emails get to your inbox.
Checking your email’s spam filters
Chain of Spam Filters: There are often 2 or 3 separate spam filters between your inbox and incoming emails. Be sure to check them all:
- Your email program (e.g., Gmail, Outlook).
- Your mail provider such as “yahoo.com” or “hotmail.com” is likely filtering for spam. You must look in their folders in your online account. It is not enough to look in your mail client's spam folder, because if Yahoo.com is trapping an email in their servers, it will never even get to your Outlook.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as “sbcglobal.net” or “verizon.net” is likely filtering for spam if you are using an email address such as “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- Your computer may have third party “security” programs such as Norton or McAfee that are filtering spam.
- Your business or school IT department is likely filtering for spam if you are using an email address based on their domain name. Contact your IT and get their help; ask them to white list emails from keepandshare.com and ask them for help on finding the new account email.
- Your web hosting service (such as GoDaddy.com) is likely filtering for spam if you are using an email address based on a domain name and website they are hosting for you.
If you have tried all of these steps, try the following troubleshooting steps in this article if are receiving some emails but not all emails from Keep&Share.