Whenever the password is changed on your account, Keep&Share sends a courtesy notice to the email address registered to your account in your Email Settings.
If you received an email from Keep&Share telling you that the password on your account was changed recently and you didn't change it, here is what you should do:
- Stop and think - besides you, who else had the password to your account?
- Have you or they changed the password? 99% of the time this is the case. If so, do nothing - the email from Keep&Share was a courtesy notice.
- If you're not sure who changed the password use the “Forgot Password” command.
- The current password will then be emailed to you.
- If you get the password by email and you now recognize that you set it, feel relieved!
- If you do not recognize the password and believe it is suspicious, log in immediately with it and change the password on your account.
- If you do not receive the “Forgot Password” email, then you should send an email to email@example.com or submit a help ticket right away asking us to reset your password. Be sure to tell us your Account Name!