Sometimes browsers can get in funny states and cause malfunctions in Keep&Share and there are several ways you can go about fixing this issue. Before you troubleshoot your current browser, you might quickly try Keep&Share in another browser (e.g., try Firefox if you were using Chrome). If Keep&Share is working fine in that other browsers that's good evidence that the first browser needs to be reset. If you don't have another browser, it takes seconds to download a new browser.
If you have already refreshed your browser and you have the most current version of your browser, we suggest following these simple steps that will ensure that your browser is completely refreshed:
- If that does not work, then reboot your PC so the operating system has a fresh start.
- If that does not work, clear the cache files from your browser. Browsers sometimes “cache” (hold on to) old copies of files from websites, causing malfunctions. Clearing the cache will force your browser to acquire an all-new set of files from the website. Learn how to clear your cache in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
- If that does not work, then is your browser up-to-date? Make sure you have a current version of your browser. We particularly see problems with IE 6 and IE 7 and IE 8 which Microsoft strongly recommends upgrading for free to IE 9. If you have older versions they can cause problems. If your version is older, download and install a new one.
- Isolate if the problem is unique to your browser, computer or network. Determine if the problem local to just one browser on one computer of yours. Try another browser on the same computer. Do you experience the same problem? If not, you now know the problem has something to do with the first browser. Now try another computer. Do you still experience the same problem? If not, you now know the problem has something to do with the first computer. Now try a computer on a different network / Internet access. Do you still experience the same problem? If not, you now know the problem has something to do with the first network (e.g., perhaps you had problems at the office computer and do not at your home computer. This might indicate that the “Firewall” or network at your office is interfering with KeepandShare.com).
- Email Keep&Share Support. If none of these steps work, email us a detailed description of your problem and submit a help ticket to the Keep&Share support staff.
Internet Explorer Bounces Me Back to Log In Page
Some users report problems with the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser where it forces Keep&Share back to the log in page even after logging in, or forces Keep&Share to other “wrong” pages. Users report they have cleared up this problem in Internet Explorer by:
- Go to the advanced tab for Internet Explorer settings.
- Click on “allow active content to run in files on my computer.”
- Restart the computer.