Keep&Share can send almost all of its messages to either or both an email address or mobile phone. Your mobile provider gives you a special email address that can be used for sending text messages to your phone. The mobile email addresses usually include your phone number and include a name for the mobile carrier. Examples are firstname.lastname@example.org (for Verizon) and email@example.com (for T-Mobile).
When we send a message to the mobile phone, it is sent as a text message, and we strip it down to its bare essentials to keep it as short as possible. Your mobile phone provider determines exactly how many characters they allow in each message and whether they will use several messages if necessary.
If your country is not listed in the "Country Code" drop-down menu then you can still get mobile SMS from Keep&Share by adding your mobile SMS email using the steps listed lower down in the article.
If You are unable to Confirm Your Mobile Number
If you are choosing a listed carrier from Keep&Share’s list, and Keep&Share is not responding to your “Confirm” replies, it might be that your carrier has a different email address for your phone’s text messages. Please contact your mobile provider about what your personal email address is for incoming text messages or you can perform an internet search to see what your mobile email address is by searching for "text message insert your mobile carrier email." You will replace "insert your mobile carrier" with the name of your mobile provider, such as "US Cellular." You can also perform the series of steps below.
How to Find Out What Your Mobile Email Address Is
- Let's say your normal email address is "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Use your cell phone's text messaging application to:
- write a short test message, and
- send it to email@example.com
- In your email program for firstname.lastname@example.org, look for an email sent by your phone's messaging application
- Click on "Reply To"
- Inspect the email address that appears in the "To:" field of your reply
- That address is the mobile SMS email address for your phone
- Put that email address into your Keep&Share Email Settings for your mobile phone (see the image below)
How to Manually Add Your Cell Phone Carrier
First, you will need to access the dialog where you add your cell phone number. Follow these instructions:
Once you open the mobile/SMS number dialog you will need to follow these steps to manually add your cell phone number and cell phone carrier:
When you receive a text message at your phone from Keep&Share, reply to it with the word “Confirm” to verify the mobile number. If this still doesn't work, you may need to contact your mobile provider for additional help.