We give you the option of receiving email and/or text notifications when you get new Account Messages, Calendar and ToDo Messages, Share Notifications, and Messages from other friends on Keep&Share.
Types of messages you can receive:
- Account Messages: Account status information including the “Forgot Account Name” and “Forgot Password Commands”, subscription-related emails, and Keep&Share News emails (announcements of new features, user tips, etc.). At least one email or mobile number must be selected to receive these messages.
- Reminders: This includes Event Reminders in the Calendar and Task reminders in To Do Lists.
- Notifications: Dashboard Notifications of Shares and Comments. This will also need to be checked if you want to receive email copies of your calendar.
- Reports: Reports on Visitors to your account, automatic Calendar backups, and when files and/or photos are emailed into your account.
- Messages: Receive messages from other Keep&Share users using the "Send Message" feature.
You can choose to receive these notifications by email and or/text message.
Note: If you are using a mobile device, then you'll need to switch to desktop view before you can follow these steps.
Using your email addresses for Keep&Share notifications
On the Communication Settings page, you will see a list of emails and mobile numbers that have been selected to receive notifications and the type of notifications from your Keep&Share account. Keep&Share sends private information from your account to the listed destinations. Do not enter other people's email addresses or phone numbers, unless you want them to have full access to everything in your account including your password.
This account has one mobile phone number and two email addresses on it:
In the example above, the user has opted to have most message types sent to the “chuck.roper” email, and in addition to have Calendar and To Do Reminders sent to a mobile number and one firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the “email@example.com” email is pending verification - the user needs to find the verification email and click on the link.
Only account owners can receive calendar event reminders via text message. The “Send a Copy” options on event reminders will only send email copies, not text messages, to the people on your Share Control or in the list of friends.
Email vs. Mobile Messages
Keep&Share can send almost all of its messages to either or both an email address or mobile phone. When we send a message to the mobile phone, it is sent as a text message, and we strip it down to its bare essentials to keep it as short as possible. Your mobile phone provider determines exactly how many characters they allow in each message and whether they will use several messages if necessary.
Learn more about how to add mobile numbers to your Email Settings.
Every account is required to have at least one valid email address. To ensure that the email address is valid, you are required to verify the address by clicking on a link in a verification email we send you. This includes if you change your preferred email address. Learn more about adding email addresses to your account. If you have problems verifying, see this help screen on resolving verification problems.