Keep&Share can send almost all of its messages to either or both an email address or mobile phone. Your mobile provider gives you a special email address that can be used for sending text messages to your phone. The mobile email addresses usually include your phone number and include a name for the mobile carrier. Examples are firstname.lastname@example.org (for Verizon) and 3105551234@@tmomail.net (for T-Mobile).
When we send a message to the mobile phone, it is sent as a text message, and we strip it down to its bare essentials to keep it as short as possible. Your mobile phone provider determines exactly how many characters they allow in each message and whether they will use several messages if necessary.
How To Find Your Mobile Email Address
Please contact your mobile provider about what your personal email address is for incoming text messages or you can perform an internet search to see what your mobile email address is by searching for "text message insert your mobile carrier email." You will replace "insert your mobile carrier" with the name of your mobile provider, such as "US Cellular." You can also perform the series of steps below.
- Let's say your normal email address is "email@example.com"
- Use your cell phone's text messaging application to:
- write a short test message, and
- send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email program for email@example.com, look for an email sent by your phone's messaging application
- Click on "Reply To"
- Inspect the email address that appears in the "To:" field of your reply
- That address is the mobile SMS email address for your phone
- Put that email address into your Keep&Share Email Settings for your mobile phone (see the image below)
Below is a list of the emails for the most common mobile providers:
|Carolina West Wirelessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Illinois Valley Cellularemail@example.com|
|Inland Cellular Telephonefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Adding your Mobile Email Address to your Email Settings
Once you have found your mobile email address, follow the steps in the image below to add your mobile email address to your account:
Once you click on the "Add Mobile/SMS Number" button you will receive a verification email sent to your mobile. You'll need to reply with "Confirm" to that mobile email that we send in order for your mobile email address to be verified.